Open call for a Youth Delegate to United Nations CSW 64/Beijing+25 - CLOSED
Posted December 9th 2019
Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC),in collaboration with the Provincial and Regional Councils for International Cooperation (ICN), is seeking a youth delegate to join a national youth delegation to attend the Sixty-fourth Session of the Commission on the Status of Women(CSW64 / Beijing+25 (2020) at the United Nations Headquarters in New York taking place from March 9-20 2019.
Eight youth delegates from across Canada will be selected and supported in attending select days of the CSW64 conference through the ICN. The cost of transportation, food and shared basic accommodation will be covered for youth participants.
Eligibility: Youth delegates will ideally:
● Have demonstrated experience and knowledge of women’s rights and gender equality;
● Be between the ages of 21 and 30 at the time of the conference;
● Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
● Hold a valid passportor be able to secure one prior to January 31, 2020.
If you are motivated to participate, please submit all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, January 3, 2020. Please use the subject line: ICN CSW64/Beijing + 25 [Participant Name].Late and incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please submit your CV/résumé and a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) containing answers to the following questions:
● What perspective or lived experience do you hope to offer to the group?
● What does gender equality mean to you?
● What do you hope to gain from attending the CSW64/Beijing + 25 and how will you bring back what you learn to your community?
● List any past and/or current experiences relevant to women’s rights and gender equality.