Green it + Grow it Challange: Contest CLOSED
Posted April 22nd 2020
Create an innovative planter by (re-)using and/or repurposing household items or materials, then plant a snip from an existing houseplant you already own; this must be achieved without spending any money!
Submit your photo, and follow all applicable contest rules for your chance to win $50 to Sage Garden Greenhouses!
The essence of global citizenship is making personal decisions in your everyday lives that consider the greater good of humanity and transcend political borders; our goal in this contest is to encourage #globalcitizenship of Manitobans through sustainable actions that work toward the SDGs. Like and follow our page for insight on how cloning your existing house plants and re-purposing household materials into planters works toward the #GlobalGoals.
You may not spend any money to create your planter or on the plant you put in it. Use only materials you already have in your home or can source free outdoors to create your planter –you must respect laws and environmental integrity when sourcing outdoor items. Only residents of Manitoba may enter the challenge. Staff members of MCIC are not eligible to win prizing. You must post an image of your plant and planter before 10 pm (CDT) on Wednesday May 20, 2020 to be considered for the prize.
- Snap a photo of your plant creation and post your photo into the comment section below the contest post.
- Like the Manitoba Council for International Cooperation Facebook Page
- Like the post.
- Snap a photo of your plant creation and post it to your Instagram account (account must be public to be eligible).
- Tag [at]mcic_ca in your post with the caption #GreenitGrowitChallenge
- Like this post.
- Follow [at]mcic_ca
- Snap a photo of your plant creation.
- Tag [at]mcic_ca in your post with the #GreenitGrowitChallenge
- Hit ‘Tweet’ and follow [at]mcic_ca
Challenge closes on Wednesday May 20 at 10:00 pm (CDT).
Winner will be notified on Friday, May 22, 2020.